Friday, January 05, 2007

He is not losing but winning

"Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?" - Apollo Creed from Rocky III

Well Yesterday I learnt something. At my rate of weight lose last year if I did the same this year I will be down to 253 by August 26. Now that does not sound very big deal but its huge. Not only would I be smaller but I would have a chance at an A/G award at the chicago Triathlon. If I work my butt off and get down to a 3 hour oly time I would win it all for the under 30 250+ division. Last there was 25 people in it. Best time was 3:01 second best was 3:15. so Instead of killing myself trying to do an Ironman this year maybe I should relax sign up for an IM race for next year and train for that. This year go for more weight lose and speed. All I need to do is about 2:00 - 2:10 per 100 meter in the swim about 19 - 20 mph for 25 miles on the bike and run 6.2 miles at around 9:30 and do this in 7 1/2 months. Plenty of time to get there. Come Monday or Tuesday when I get the computrainer I should be able to start racing the escape from Alactraz race. Same distance but I think its a tougher course. Yesterday I did a swim time trial and I was at 2:45 per 100 meters for the 1500 meter distance not too bad but the guy who one was at 2:15 per 100 meters. I was 8 mins slower than him coming out of the water yesterday. Now pool swimming is easier but I not kicking hard off the wall and I can not do flip turns so I get slowed down alot in the pool also.

Question is do I let go of my IM dreams for this year and go and compete at the Chicago Tri? Do I make sure by august 26th my weight is above 250 but not by much? How do I handle my HIM I have 1 month before? Do I skip that so I can focus on my speed or will the HIM training help my speed out? so many questions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

I'll say it again....unless the weight comes off, you will constantly suffer with injuries in running.

So--this year should be all about weight loss, race for fun now and you'll be ready to bring on the next goal in 2008.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Reen said...

Sorry - I have to agree with Lora!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Neese said...

diet and longer runs will help take the weight off and prepare you for the bigger races, no doubt. i think if you keep swimming too you'll be in great shape

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home