Monday, January 08, 2007

Coach and Off to the Races

"Mr. Brown: Will you talk to him, coach? He looks up to you.
Stan: No, I think you oughta.
Mr. Brown: Nah, I'm just his father. But you're his coach! You're like a father to him." - South Park season 10 episode 14

"I'm Fergalicious (so delicious)
My body stay vicious
I be up in the gym just working on my fitness
He's my witness (oooh wee)
I put yo' boy on rock rock
And he be lining down the block just to watch what I got (four, tres, two, uno)"
- Fergie from the song Fergalicious


ok bad news I missed Coach today but turns out she is either a runner or atleast like to party and she can dance. She made the Semi Finals of the Sausage dance. I also never realised how tall she is. This year they had the first annual Hunk Dance. I dragged 3 men onto the floor and 1 made it to the finals. I am proud of that fact. He was the choice of the Suasage Queen. I was out there and I was hoping for atleast a "pitty" cheese but I got nothing. 3 Alpine runners men and 1 woman made it to the dance finals.

My Sno Fun run time was 56:33 which is about an 11:19 pace for 5 miles which is not bad for me considering how little I have been running. I did beat Bonnie which I feel good about but I could not hang on to beat Lisa. She passed me at about mile 3 to 3.5 Oh well. You can not beat them all. It is a fun race though.

Well I am adding another race to my Race Calender. I need to start writing this stuff down. I am going to do a race I missed last year do to injury and I am upset since I would have won the race easily. I could have done it but I was just coming off injury or was almost there. It was probably smart idea but still I would gotten first place even after the comeback. Its the Steamboat Classic 15K in Peoria. I go with the 15K over the 4 miler because it will be alot easier for me to win then a 4 miler. Heavier people opt for the shorter races for some reason and well they are used to running faster than I am. The winner last year for the 250+ Division had a time of 2:00 and I was training for a time of 1:40. I decided to go back and try my luck. I am probably in the best overall shape of my life and I am going to win, win, win, this year. I also also planning on winning at the Chicago Triathlon this year also in the 250+ under 39 division. My goal is to weigh less than that after Chicago Tri so these races are kinda of a 1 shot deal ideally for me. I think my new weight lose goal is a more realistic than I been trying to do and I will reach it
Basicly I hope to lose 1 lbs a week even though I tend to to into spurts.

My mom says when I get down to 220 which is 65 lbs away she will throw me a party. So that is something positive to shoot for. I bought all the pics from the LV marathon since I weight 325 and I thought they all look good as before pics. Maybe I can reach Chicago mary at 220 and I get get those pics for my after pics or better yet maybe I can reach 220 by LV marathon and then it would look nice to have before and after photos from the same race.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Sounds like this is going to be your year!!

Good Luck!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Reen said...

Keep up the good work!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Neese said...

I like your winners attitude!!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home