Thursday, November 16, 2006

A whole new Iron me.

Well The Ironman race sell out so fast its not even funny. Sad thing is they all start together except the pros get a slight head start but if you win and not a pro you do not get the money. no idea what would happen if someone from the open field at the Chicago marathon would come in number 1 clock time. If they did they have a chip time WR and may not get anything for it. Maybe no money, definately no WR, and an elite start next year for sure and probably to any marathon they want. In the Ironman though this has happened its sad really. At the same time though pros who do not win can not win A/G awards but still I think A/G people should be able to beat the pros.

Well I thought maybe I need to train like I was training for an Iron distance race. Train like I want to race 2.4 miles swimming, 112 miles biking, and 26.2 miles running. Maybe then Lora will let me do it.

Today I screwed up I could not get up to go swimming this morning so I will have to do it after work. My form needs alot of work. Tonight I am going to swim and do weight lifting again. I doing the lifting because 1 am being good and muscles are not too sore and 2 need to do something at the gym for atleast 1:30 hours and I do not think I want to swim for that long. Hopely I will hit the bike when I get home. I want to get my training time for the week up to
840 mins maybe even more. The summer I lost alot of weight I was doing 700 atleast a week and eating like I do now. I would really like to get to 240 - 250 by march madness. My goal of 2:30 half marathon will finally be in my reach. Also means I will be down about 70 - 80 lbs from last years half marathon race. That in theory should bring me down to 2 hour half marathon time. the old :30 secs per half marathon for every lbs I think will have its limits though.

That summer I lost 30 lbs in 8 week then. I managed to keep it off until my first year of running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home