Monday, October 02, 2006

Milwaukee Lakefront.

Well I came I saw I ran 26.2 miles. OK I walked most of it but I hate the term when you run/walk or in this case walk/run a marathon people call you a walker. now I did get passed by a couple of ladies who were really steady walking, but those 2 ladies and the guy who beat me by like 20 seconds are the only people who passed me after about mile 6. I passed probably about 12 - 15 people myself, but all but 1 did not finish in 6:30:00 so we will never know how many people I really beat that day. Unless of course you count people who made it to mile 20 but did not get an official time. There were a handful but I did not sit around and count how many people I beat.

Juli A was sweet she came back and want to see if she could see me but had no idea I was on my final mile and missed by only 5 minutes. She called me later to see how I did. once again what a sweet heart. She also BQ for 3rd year in a row.

I have to thank virtual Lora. Yep I basicly created my own Lora in my mind who would yell at me if I went to do something stupid or to encourage me to be smart out there. Most anyone else would be like hey you can PR so why don't you push it and do it. Lora would never do that and I love for that. She cares about people, and I know she cares about me and my health. I do not care if I PR at Chicago and I do not think I will be able to run with Lora and if I did it might not be a smart idea because it would mean I start out too fast but still. When you are out there and know you can do 4 15 min miles and then 3 twenty min miles and you can finish is a good feeling. Funny I was hurt and did not know if my knee would ever take me out but I felt early I was going to finish. Even though I saw the sweep bus follow me on the side of the road alot. It was a very beautiful race though. Basicly running on alot of country roads. Reminds me of the Cary race alot. I would defintely do the race again. Tune in later for my techical race information.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

Congrats!!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Yay for no knee pain!! I guess the new shoes and inserts were key!!

Now for stretching and icing, right?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Yay for no knee pain!! I guess the new shoes and inserts were key!!

Now for stretching and icing, right?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Neese said...

way to go Todd! to FINISH a marathon even with walking is NOTHING to sneeze at for sure, congratulations!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home