Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The big city.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Schlemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated." - Laverne and Shirley tv show title song

When I was a kid we would go to Milwaukee about once a year. It was very cool going into the big city. It was about 1 hour south of where we lived. It seemed like it took forever to get there. There were so many roads and the buildings were so tall. I get that same feeling even now when I go there. I guess parts of your childhood just never go away. The highway system there I think is more complex than Chicago. Milwaukee just has ramps over ramps over ramps. I have to drive through there on come Chrismas days and I worry about icey condistions on those interchanges. I wish I was in better condition for the marathon but hey I want to get wisconsin in even though honestly with Lake Genveva and ice age ultras the chances are I will do a marathon+ distance there very soon. ultras count towards your 50 states. Sunday will be about 6 weeks into my injury so I may very well be better by Chicago. I know I have reinjried it several times but only delays the healing. I have not gotten worse.

Last night I did Yoga for the first time in a long time. The new floor does help with it since being a wooden floor its much easier to get a grip on the floor vs carpeting. As for the idea of leaving the Alpine runners will I do not think I will do anything until atleast end of winter. Winter makes travel tough and less people to met. Nothing worse than making new friends who live 50 miles away that you can never see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

You can't quit - who will I run with? Yes - I will run again some day!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home