Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Tale of 2 Julies

Last night it was interesting. It was 2x julie fun. Now I absolutely love both Julies. They are both great and wonderful people. I learnt they are a great team. Juli A will tell you so many wonderful things and dreams where Julie B will keep it real and warn you of what you are trying to do.

Juli A was recommening Ice Age 50 miler. She seem to have forgotten she recommended it too over something like the 50 miler with the chicago 50/50. Julie B was like I would not do it. 12 hours and she barely made it. Last year Mary Ann barely made it. Juli A said she would give me her belt buckle if she made it and I did not make it in the time limit. Juli A what a wonderful woman. Plus how many belt buckles to the same race do you need?

I told Juli A of my training plan and she really do not help too much but did give me some good advice. It was more that she liked some of my ideas and proved them than to give me new info. Beth would be better for this but I do not think Beth has done a 50 miler either. Beth though did suggest speed work since she thinks I am ready and I should be out running with the 9:30s so I can run with the 3 sisters. I am not quite ready for the sisters yet but I have thought about doing more speed type work during the week but only after I am healed.

I told Juli A about Lora's plan for the 50k. Julie B quickly came in and was like is Lora insane. She mentioned how it was her hardest race she ever ran including the ice age 50 miler and the ice age 100k. Dorn who she was dating at the time is like a 3 hour marahtoner and took him 6:23:24 to do it in. She had to pull herself up on tree, it was cold and the ground was all icey. She was like I should not do that one unless I am really prepares. Juli A was like can I go with you? I really want to do that one.

Julie B did think about alternate 50 milers for me one of them being sunmart or sunmark 50 miler. She thinks that one would be better. She may be right. I am not worried about the distance at ice age but the cut off. Plus Julie B was worried about me and winter training since the hardeest part of ice age is running alot in winter.

Julie B also looking all sweet and serious was like you really do like older women don't you. She was talking about Lora. What that I go and run a 50k with her? Well yeah since she is the only one who will really run with me. Lora is an incredible woman. So is Julie B and I do not have the guts to let her know that. She is quite the beauty.

So for now I will continue on my Ice Age 50 miler journey but I will head Julie Bs advice. In all honesty Julie B is sometimes too levelheaded and Juli A is too high in the clouds. Julie B really looks out for me to the point of maybe over protecting me where Juli A wants me to do amasing things perpahs too quickly. If I only had a 3rd Julie who was about 26 - 27 who was a beautiful as both Julies but was also the middle ground. That would be the perfect woman I think. Not to say I would trade in either Julie in for the world. I am lucky I have them on my side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

So should we shoot for the Psycho Wyco 50K and go with Julie A; and take our lumps if we DNF???? I'm still nuts enough....are you?????

7:32 AM  
Blogger Reen said...

You can do whateveer you decide to do - just set your mind to it and your half way there!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home