Monday, September 11, 2006

Do you remember when?

"We will not tire, we will not falter and we will not fail." - George W Bush 9/12/2001

Do you remember 9/11? I sure do. it was a hot day. Sweet beading down my face. I was really tired. I had all these horrible thoughts going through my head. All I knew is I had to press on and overcome this struggle that was laid before me. Today on the anniversary of first Alpine Races where I came in 2nd in the Half Marathon for the Clysdesdale D division. It was a hot 86 degree day and I could not keep hydrating. All I knew is I would probably place if I just finish so I pressed on. Those words really reflected 9/11/2005 for me.

I personlly do not like 9/11 as a date. Not because of 2001, but because of 2002,2003,2004,2005 and now 2006. I will admit at that time I was full of confusion, hatred and many other emotions. By next year I was over it and I had to really think about why such things happen. I remembered the tragty of Columbine and I really felt sorry for the 2 gunmen. I mean I remember being in high school and being the butt of so many jokes and laughter that honestly I felt there pain. It takes alot of pain and hate for a person to do such a horrible act. If you are going to give up your life willingly for something then you have to really beleive in it. The idea that we need to continue to hate and live in fear because it could happen again is real tradegy of the event. I do not mean to belittle the loss of family of 9/11 victems. The problem is angry and hatred do not solve the problem but only make it worse. If we want to prevent future events killing the people's family who did this would prevent this because there friends would be outraged by it and seek revenge on us. Jails do not solve crime they are only a quick solution on how to deal with crime after it happens. There really is no easy solution though since people are so imperfect. Its our imperfections that makes everything in life interesting and gives us all our drama but it also causes all our problems.

I beleive the Buddha said it right when he mentioned how people cause most of there own suffering needlessly. Even today as people remember that Half Marathon relive all the pain and suffering they had on that day, we really do not need it and it does us no good to do it. What is past is past and hopely we all we have left to remember the day is the hardware in which we won.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

Absolutely!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home