Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ice Age 50 miler

"Is ok lose to opponent, must not lose to fear" - Mr Myaigi

Sometimes titles say it all. First of all Haight is correct if there was a finisher medal for hopscotch I would be so there. :)

Picture is from my second tri. I look so natural on the bike don't I.

Looks like my new goal is Ice Age 50 miler. I am concerned about it being in may and not enough time to train but I think I will make it. Training will actually be easier this winter than last winter. Wait you may be asking how? why? who? hippo? Wait what was that? yep you guessed it hippo is the key. hot indoor practice pool operating or hippo. :). ok I making that up. Lora is concerned how can I train for a 50 miler and try to get super fast. Well my sweetheart crazy Juli A told me exactly how to do it. God I love that woman. I really feel she may be the perfect woman. The game plan is simple even a 5 year old can do it. first lose 40 lbs. ok the 5 year old would be dead after step 1. now while losing 40 lbs do 3 marathons and 1 ultra. December 10th after Las Vegas the key is to run as many 12 - 14 milers you can outside. Then when you are too cold switch to the (bike trainer/ biking) with clipless pedals and/or swim. This will increase cardio and really work well to prevent injury. also though while losing weight and gettting in those marahtons save money. Lots of them. going to need it for the $4,500 custome tri bike. ok maybe not that hardcore. but atleast a decent road bike with good aerobars. So after the 50 miler recovery in the pool only for atleast a week or 2. This will help loosen the body and prevent injury. Then after that work on speed with the endurance. really get my running speed up. remember tri is endurance sport and after running 50 miles and being total of 80 lbs lighter from the sno fun run I should be getting pretty fast there. Juli A is more than happy to help me out to train. I may have found my new Lora. Little younger, little blonder, and has legs that will just not quit. ok maybe I have not found a new Lora but she is more than happy to really help me out. What a sweetheart. So that is the plan. swim/bike/run and run 50 miles. Plus by running that 50 miles I may get to see a girl I liked a long time ago. Only concern is the 12 hour cutoff. so basicly I have to do 2 marathons back to back and in 6 hours. Once again alot of cross training is not only helpful but needed to prevent over use injuries.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

Sounds like a Great plan- go for it!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

If you really focus on this one goal you can do it! I'll be your cheerleader!!

I'll be running in LZ thru the winter, so we can both push each other! Get your singing voice ready (maybe even Reen will join us, and dare I say it, maybe Haight too! Tho I don't think he wants to be sung to)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Reen said...

I will be there as soon as I'm able! I can't wait!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home