Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sometimes in life you just have to let things go.

Sometimes in life you have to just let things go. I am realizing that this morning as I think about tri'ing in sept 9th. Well its going to be a tough course. Bob things I could do an Oly by then since well spirit distance is almost an Oly already. difference is .4 miles swimming 8 miles biking and 3.1 miles running. Then again the lake is going to be cold and I have no wet suit. The course is going to be hilly and I have a heavy hybrid. Maybe my knee will not be better for the run and I will reinjury it. It has gotten alot better but I am worried about saturday if I should push it or not. I can always cycle but 2 days of biking might not be so fun. I need to find some place by my house I can bike safely ie few stops. I do not know I will figure something out. Maybe I should follow Juli's idea and run on the trails by my house. They are only 3 miles so its not very good for bike riding but perfect for running. I will have to think about that also. less pounding is less pounding.

Talked to Juli about Mcnaughton. She told me they give you 36 hours to finish it because you need 36 hours to finish the 50 miles. You need to practice downhills. Most of the time you have to grab onto trees to help you go down because downhills are so steep. Plus you have to run through water so you need several shoes because otherwise its blister city. Plus she mentioned that I would need to do a 37 miler about 3 weeks out if I wanted to try it. Maybe I will have to let this race go and just let Lora do it on her own. Not that she asked me to go with her but I worry she is thinking too big too fast too soon. Then again I am already figuring for a Half Iron Man next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

A little moderation is a good idea - you don't want to end up like me!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

How sweet of you to worry about me!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home