Sunday, August 13, 2006

I came, I run, I howled

Howl at the moon came and went.

Well 294 was back up forever. took us forever to get down there plus I forgot my chair so I had to sit on the ground after the race. Opps. Friday night we got there at about 6:30 to get our stuff and after we got our packets and got sit up we travelled a ways into danville to get something to eat which was probably a mistake. We did not get back into the forest preserve until 9:30. Then it was hard to sleep because a couple near our tents were having sex. Funny its late at night right before an ultra and your like hey lets have sex. I did check and it was not juli and valde.

Satuday monring it was cold. about 60 degree at the start of the race which was nice, but quickly it got hotter and hotter. It ended somewhere in the mid 80s but I have no idea forsure. I sweated alot. I would drink about 30 oz of water/gatorade/soda most of it was water. My water bottle was nice but camel bak that late in the day would have been better since I was drinking more than 1 water bottle. Either that or a need a double water bottle.

I did not reach my goal of 31 miles, but I did come close with 30.12 or so miles. Juli was number alpine and got 3rd in her age group. I think all but 2 apliners got an age group award. I needed to get in about 7 more miles to get one or so. They gave out alot awards like Lerry got 20th place. crazy.

having to pack your tent and what not after an ultra is not fun at all. lucky for me Juli and Vadle gave me a couple of hours to recover. I am glad I did not try to be goffy this weekend at the cdc. I wanted to do that one but I am just too sore. I would be reinjured for sure and just to finish a half marathon its not worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home