Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My goal.

"Gooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll" - that soccer screamer guy

yesterday work out was pretty decent. swam .5 miles + 100 meters. I did the first .5 miles in 30 mins so I am getting faster. Now I just need to get up to .9 miles. I will get to why in a second. After that I went on the ellicpicatal machine for 2.5 miles at about 11 min pace so that was decent but not decent enough. explain in a minute.

now what do I need to explain? simple I have 2 race goals for next year. They are simple and sweet but maybe they will work against each other but maybe not.

start with the biggest goal. 50 miler. I am sick of being that near 300 lbs 50ker. I want people to talk about distance to do 50 miles and not 50 ks. miles > ks. Now that is a good goal especially if I can drop 20 or so more lbs this year. The trianing for the 50 will help with the rest.

Goal number 2: Olympic distance Triathlon in about 2:58:00. This is my goal for the chicago triathlon. This time will give me 1st place in the 30-39/250+ division. I doubt I will get into the 225 - 249 division by next year but you never know. If I am close I will try to gain some quick weight to make sure I make it. I am going to go for an AG award. That will porbbaly be harder to do that the 50 miler but not as impressive.

Goal 3: if I still weight 250+ in june and they still have 250+ at steamboat in peoria I would like to win that 15k. That would be pretty sweet.

Goal 4: by end of next year to be about 230 lbs. actual weight will be decided when I get there. no point in deciding now.

I do think my olympic training will help aout of with 50 miler since if I train at the equlvelent of 40 miles - 50 miles a week running for many weeks I should be in good enough shape. Triathloning in an insteresting sport because its the only sport were training beyond the race distance is practical except for maybe the iron man distance. I think if you are going to do an iron man maybe you should ride 100 miles after you do a marathon. or atleast 50. :).

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

ok. I also like to do a half iron man but that might be a little too much

11:56 AM  
Blogger Haight said...

Face it...you're just a medal whore.

I'm thinking if there was a medal for Hopscotch you would push the litle kids out of the way to line up in front of them...lol

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Which 50-miler are you planning on doing? How are you going to get in all the running miles needed for that and keep up the biking and swimming for the tri?

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home