Monday, August 28, 2006

Fear

"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally." - Darth Maul

Ok I am scared of the bike. Bike hurts me and no matter what I do I can not hurt it. It mocks me, laughs at me.

Satudayday. Well I walked alot. my knee is good good enough yet to run so I walked. Last few week before marathon I am really going to struggle. Good news is that my knee only feel bad and does not hurt well going up or down stairs. You know in life its alway the little things. I walked about 11 miles. 6 saturday morning and 5 in the afternoon. I did my walking down town. That was pretty cool. I went to the Everybody loves you when your tri expo. It was funny seeing the Running Unlimited people there. They had a big area too. I saw a custom bike builder who will build my custom tri bike for only $4500. I am like Sold :). I am a big time working man now I can spend more on a bike that I am scared of then my car. I got a couple of autographs from pros and a semi pro even remembered who I was. Maybe it was because 1 week early I asked her a stupid question. Well I think she was being silly about it. If you are going to probably win the race and get paid why carry a spare because if the tire goes you lost. At that kind of level finishing is not that big of a deal. Does Evans Ruto go hey I finished the chicago marathon or does he go hey I won the chicago marathon? I doubt if he ever brags about finishing it.

Sunday. Well I decided to bike a long ride. I biked 16 miles on this nice bike trail. I would have done more but I am scared of the clipless pedals and the road the path when over was out and
I did not feel like going around. I would have walked my bike because like I said I am scared of sharp turns and clipless pedals now. I fell do to a sharp turn. knowing that Lora is out there doing back to back 20 milers or atleast that is what I have in the back of my head everyday I knew I needed to do more. I then swam .5 miles in about 33 mins. I am definetely getting faster. Then I went on the Elicalle machine for a 5k finishing a sort of spirit triathlon for the day. IT still not the same as Lora's 20 miles for the day but I will train even harder today since I am sure Lora is doing 20 miles.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Lora did not do 20 miles....so stop having nightmares about it!

I think you should remove your clipless pedals--it's not worth it!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home