Saturday, September 16, 2006

Alpine Bunch

"All I ever hear is Lora. Lora, Lora, Lora" - Julie Bane

Today was fun and sad and just alright. It started at 5:00 am. Since I went to sleep at around midnight I did not get much sleep. I had fun with my charge coffee though. Mmm Mmm charge coffee. nothing like running with Coffee in your hand. Well I did 5 miles before everyone elese even got to the high school. I was having some foot and Ankle problems but I work on my form and that helped alot. I walk/ran the 5 miles. taking it easy.

I then ran with John until well either I did 13 more miles or my knee started to hurt. Well sure enough my knee started to hurt 3 miles into the run with John or my 8 over all. I then walking back when it occured to me that Pat, John C, Julie B, and shannon were going to be coming around the courner. So I ended up walking with Julie B for about 2 miles and then the others for another 2. That was nice. Ran into John again and my knee was hurting from the walking at mile 9 but was feeling good at mile 12. Pain while walking came and went about 3 times while walking so I stopped at 14.5 miles. 3.5 miles short of my goal. I figure better to miss miles than to miss the race. Plus I think Sunday I will go to some trails for atleast 10 miles of walking. That would be good. Yes I iced as soon as I walked into the house.

Good news at 14.5 miles I was not even tired so I am not too worried about Milwaukee that way but I am concerned about it when it comes to strain on my knee. My goal is to finish in 6:30:00

That is a 14:58 pace or with the clock time it is about 14:30. Its a little fast to walk even though I trained to walk my first marathon at a 13:45 pace. I may have to run some but not alot. If I keep my running down I should be ok. I do not want to DNF but I do not want to miss my chance. Espically now that I know Lisa will be there. ok Lisa is not my secret love but still she is cool. My secret love made me feel sad today since she does not love me back.

Talked to Dorn today and he was like Physco Wyco is not good for rookies and that 50/50 is perfect no extra training required. For once I agreed with Dorn. If only someone else would agree with me. I hope my knee is strong enough to do 50/50. It is 8 weeks away so it should be if I do not keep screwing it up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neese said...

sorry about your knee todd :| sounds like you are putting in the miles one way or another regardless, but still i hope it's better soon.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home