Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Back to work

America what a country. I had to use my only sick day I had hopely and a vaction day also the only one I had. I am back to work but not by choice. I would have liked another day but oh well. It is what it is. I was running late. Sitting here at work for 5 minutes and you can hear 4 different being coughing but a storm. No wonder people always getting sick because hey we go to work sick and we are all trapped in these small rooms together. I have not been sick in 2 years. One reason is because during th height of cold and flu season I was unemployeed. heck I think I got more sick days a year as an intern that I do at this job. I only really get like maybe 3 this year. 4th I earn right on or right after the last day of year. 6 a year is missleading because you only get 1/4 a day every day check. ITs better than nothing.

Good news of all of this is it forces me to rest my knee. I am sure Lora does not mind hearing that news. Lora and I have several dates coming up. No that kind of dates. Running dates. come on still not kinda of date but date for races. Man some people. Only way I will be able to fully enjoy the races coming up is if I am healthy and well maybe something to slow Lora down. She has always been faster than me. I am working on changing that. :). No not by slower her down but speeding myself up. like Milwaukee I am going to take nice and slow but I can not take it too much slower. I like to be a 4 hour marathoner. better yet a 3:59:00. marathoner. :).

Other good news is I mostly have my room back. I get to finally move back into it minus I do not have a bed in that room so my pc might not be moved for awhile since well I want to be able to lay down and watch a movie and the wood floor does not help with that. But I can start doing Tai Chi or Yoga again. That would be helpful with my cold potentially. My friend suggests I do not do Yoga until I am better but that is more because of senis drainage issues. Tai Chi would good. Actually more thinking about Chi Gung which is better for me actually. needless to say while I am out from running I might as well work more on loosening up my body. Nothing worse than running Milwaukee and getting hurt again since well Chicago is the race I want to do again. It will be my 3rd year in a row.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Has Todd finally learned the real meaning of REST?? Well blow me down! There's hope yet! ;)

3:29 AM  
Blogger Neese said...

tai chi is good for patience and focus i tried it once and was pissed off for the first few minutes because it was going so slow lol

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home