Monday, October 16, 2006

Marathon Week



because everyone sometimes needs a little taper.

Welcome to another edition of marathon week here on my blog. That is right its Oct which means Marathon season. If you ever wanted to do back to back marathons this is the weekend. There is Indy on Saturday and Chicago on Sunday. Its doable if you can do the distance that is. IT sounds rough but if you done a 50 miler then this should be easier

Lora is tapering but still dieting. I am going to carbo load and not going to taper. My view screw the taper. ok I will taper but Taper starts wednesday night. I will have like 3 - 4 days with nothing to do. Coach is going to kill me since well I am suppose to do 1:15 in the gym this week. I will not get my minutes/days in. He will call me a failure and a loser. I would challedge him to a marathon but he has too many muscles and he can not run even 5 ft. ok maybe not but still. No impact work out though. No running/walking this week only biking and swimming.

Speaking of working out. I did 1:15 on the bike trainer for the first time. IT was fun and cool. This morning my body fat % is down. Water is up and weight well I ate almost an entire tsaumusu I was saving for post marathon. needless to say I threw about 1/4 out but the weight was at 288.4 this morning. I was staring when I woke up and I am getting hungry again so its almost snack time already. Sure I do not have the best snacks yet I am trying to figure that all out but the weight is still coming off faster than a person on biggest loser. :). The week I pred at the marathon this year I ran 17 miles in 4 days within 3 days of the marathon and I still pred by alot.

3 - 4 - 2 is the marathon miles for the week but I am going to save my knee. IT feels great this week but Saturday was so bad I am not taking any chances. Maybe I will do 2 miles on thursday because I can but like I said its all aboput the healing. Lets face it I want to finish the marathon but its also important to get out there again with Lora and John. Also thinking about a massage this week too. If I do I need to do it earlier than latter.

Since I am so skinny now I decided to sign up with the 5:00 pace team.

Interesting fun fact I learnt on average a 160 man running marathon at 12:00 or 8:00 the 8:00 burns only 125 more cals over 26.2 miles.

1 8 oz cups of gaterade endurance will give you 50 cals also. I will drink abotu 1000 cals over a marathion but I will still burn an extra 4500 cals. so excited about marathon time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home