Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and the painful

Well I walked last night. My friend Michelle from Russia bought me a hat from the world track championships that were in Moscow. That was so sweet of her. Later today I may edit the blog and add the pic of her and myself from Yogi's last night.

I walked about 2.67 and my knee was aching but not from the tendon directly so I figure maybe that is a good sign. Just general a post marathon ache and not tenditsis. Still icing the heck out of it and its getting better. In fact so many of my muscles are sore. I could not keep up with Pat when I walked with him for about 1.3 miles. He was just too fast for me. I am walking about a 22 min/mile pace now.

I asked PAt about the article about how marathoners are getting so slow. I have never seen Pat so angry about anything before. Funny because its not the elites that usually bitch but the elite wannabes.

I heard about a 50k and I wanted more details. Yep I want to do an ultra this weekend but I know since I can not even walk that would not be a good thing. marathon withdrawl is a hard thing to go through.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

DO NOT DO AN ULTRA THIS WEEKEND!!! I WILL PERSONALLY COME OUT AND BREAK YOUR KNEES IF YOU DO!!!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Haight said...

Lora...maybe he's into pain

11:43 AM  
Blogger Neese said...

lol lora, i must agree, please don't do an ultra this weekend todd, your poor knees.

sorry about the marathon withdrawl. i will be a mess if i'm depressed after a 5k lol.

**hugs**

7:03 PM  
Blogger Reen said...

This made me laugh!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home