Monday, July 17, 2006

Welcome to Marathon Week.

"Life is the jailer, death the angel sent to draw the unwilling bolts and set us free. " - James Russel Lowell

Welcome to marathon week. On a sad note. My aunt passed away on friday. She was 70 years old. Died of a brain emermism we think. She was very active. He had a family reunion 5 days before her death so most of us got to see her and send time with her for 1 last time. The reunion was suppose to be the weekend when she died but it was moved do to my cousin on the other sides 1 year anniversy/ wedding reception. She had the brain thing early and was blind in 1 eye and going blind in the other. I am just glad she died before she went completely blind and stopped enjoying life. I will not be running at the McHenry River run on tuesday night instead I will be travelling to Grand Rapids, MI for the funeral on wednesday. I really liked me aunt even though I never got to see her much. She was worried about me doing the tri since another nephew of hers died that way. that helped me to be more determined to do it and finish it.

I been not getting enough sleep, eating poorly, and its way to hot. If its 72 degrees at 5:00 am again I am not running the marathon. This weekend would been way too hot for it and I will not risk death in order to get my medal. I may be a a medal whore but somethings are not worth it. I am going to stop at whole foods on the way home to find better food to eat. this way I can make my own lunch and have something decent to eat. I am determined not only to get my weight down but to have more energy. My slow bike may not be as much as the bike as it could be my own body working against me. My weight takes alot of work to do anything.

Good news. Saturdays predicted high is 79 degrees. I wish it was a little cooler but maybe the high of 72 during the race will be much nicer than having it 72 at the start of the race.

Called about a gym with pools open 24/7. I always think that is kinda silly since most people will not be swimming at 3 am. I figure though if I get here by 6:00 am I mayt be able to swim freee from other people in the lane. that is my hope. Other option would be do it at 4:00 pm. Then again I am waiting on the price.

I hope to get down below 300 again for this marathon. I am praying for a cool day.

Tonight I try swimming in Lake Zurich. I am going to see how that goes. I figure I will stay off my feet for the rest of the week and only cross train. I am determined also that my next try on sept 9th I will finish below 2 hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt!

Good job on the food - what did you get? How was the swimming in Lkae Zurich?

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home