Thursday, July 20, 2006

t minus two days in counting

“Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.” - unkown

Some people ask me why run the marathon at the gay games. 1 I think its cool. 2) only chance I would ever get to run something like that. 3) I love marathons and the medal would be unique. collecting medals has been a hobby of mine of late. I find it fun and it really something I am proud of in life.

I swam alot tuesday and wednesday in grand rapids MI. I am also thinking about running the marathon there. Its the week after chicago. It might be too soon and I got an Ultra 3 weeks later. If I do run it I would take it really slow. Then again I should take chicago slower also. I just need to get fast enough that I can take it slow. :) Maybe I want to run Grand Rapids because well I was hoping to run it to see my aunt who died then. I also found out I ahev a cousin who lives jsut south of it and it would be fun plus I can stay at her house. It may cost me less than $100 for that race and get me 1 state closer to all 50.

Well saturdays high will be in the upper 70s. Its going up but still in the 70s so that is good. As long as it stays in the 70s I will be ok. 80s would be potentially dangerous and 90s espcially highy would be sucide.

1 issue with swimming I have is the lack of it. All the training programs I been reading about says like 30 mins of swimming. Well I am looking at that and going that tri training will get in the way of marathon training. Then I realised it does not ahve too. I can either swim in the morning and run at night or I can swim and then run. So swim for 30 mins and then go and run for 30 mins. since I tend to ahve to run 5 miles and I can run at a 12 min pace I just need to do the swim and finish the rest of the time at a run. It will also help me my muscles for switching between sports.

I also been told 1 reason I am so slow on a bike is because I do not bike enough and that I need to bike atleast 3 hours a day once a week. I am thinking he might be right. I am thinking about going to either busse woods or the parirre trail and maybe go biking for 3 hours. Its not speed up distance which will then turn into speed at a short distance. There is truth to this I think. I will try it next weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Should be a beautiful morning for running on Saturday. I'll keep my group out of your way. ;) Good Luck!!

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home