Tuesday, March 21, 2006

back so I can write more

Well my crazy weekend is over. No more running a half marathon and then in 1 1/2 hours I had to change, shower and get my ass to Peoria.

Well Satuday I did not eat alot for dinner. That was probably a mistake but I was not that hungry. I did not sleep well. In fact I had a crazy dream that I ran my half marathon and that I did not have my watch since my battery was dead. I finished the race and I was still well rested and that I missed pring by 2 minutes. I said to myself if I only had my watch I would have PRed. That I could have easly taken off a couple of minutes to ahve "PR"ed. Well next morning it was 6:30 and time to leave. I figure if I get there before 7:00 I get a decent parking spot which was true. Even then the lot was starting to get full. Well I remember my watch and sure enough the battery was dead. I normally charge it via the computer but I did quickly find my wall charger and I decided to charge it via the wall. This way I could let it charge and still get a good spot. Well I was charging it for about an hour and the battery had only 1 bar but said it should last 6 hours. I wanted atleast 7 hours but it was getting late and I wanted to trash talk my ravial named Valde, more about that in my next post. So when the race is about to start and turned on the GPS and what do you know it said only 3 hours of battery left. I did not know what I was going to do. in the race. I thought about walking alone said with Jane and finish in 3:20 like she did. Most every half I did last year I did in 2:51:00 or a there about. I figure I would not be able to do that again. Well needless to say I was running my race and I figured pretty quickly I had a shot of beating my pr. my avg mile might not that that great but I did get delayed by 32 - 33 seconds at the start. If they chipped Timed it I would have broken my pr by 30 seconds.

mile by mile break down
Mile Pace
1 11:59 (not bad considering first .05 took 30 seconds)
2 12:17
3 11:24
4 12:50
5 11:41
6 12:53
7 12:50
8 12:13
9 11:10
10 12:45
11 12:41
12 12:08
13 12:13
.25 2:34 (10:12 pace)

13:25 2:41:46
unoffical half marathon time 2:41:13.

did run .1 over so I did not run my tangents all that well. maybe that is part of the error also.

Its not a Official Pr but I hope when Lora see it she will know that I was running that race for her, and I really did have my best run ever in a half marathon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

Awesome Todd!! I'm so proud of you!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home