Monday, December 04, 2006

Two weeks

I have only 2 weeks off until well its marathon training season again. Man Time flies when your having so much fun. I will probably use alot of biking for mid week runs until it gets nicer out or snow melts. I will do my best to do my long runs on saturdays. Cool thing about living right off the course when I start doing my 14+ mile runs and I need more water but the water stops are not out that far I can stop at home and get my water belt.

Well my knee is getting better again after it started hurting. It occurs to me my quads take a real beating during my swims and they are getting tight again so I been stretching and the knee been recovering. Its easy to get lazy with flexiblity since I know I do not see the direct value in it but when we get hurt all we can think about is how we should have streched. I am going to start biking again tonight I think.

This morning I was a good boy. I swam for 1:15:00 and then lifted for :30.

I have learnt from my Tanita scale I have the metabolism of a 50+ year old and I need to build more muscle if I want that to lower that score. No wonder I have such a hard time trying to drop weight.

Since 2.4 miles was hard but not too hard I am thinking about doing 2.4 miles every weekend now. One of the best ways to get better at a distance is to do it alot. Plus it going to make my 1.2 mile swims seem more. I love my master swim program.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neese said...

your comment on my blog makes a lot of sense, thank you for that i will remember it.

glad your knee is better - enjoy your 2 weeks before training.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home