Sunday, November 26, 2006

dropping 10 yards and putting

Well the bears lost. Saturday Lake Zurich Bears lost there first bid at the state finals and Chicago Bears lost.

Well I been training hard the last couple of weeks. Like always I have big goals and I want to succeed at them. I am backed off the bike this weekend and frankly decided only to swim this week. No I am not burnt out. My knee feels great today. No pain at all. I figure I will be good this week and not sure if I will run on saturday, walk or just swim. Either way things are looking up. I can not wait to get out there happy and healthy. Because before I know it will be time to train for the ice age 50k.

Good news is today I am quite sore but happy. Yesterday I did my first Time trial for 1 mile since I started my master's class. Frankly I did so well I bumped it to 1.2 miles or the HIM swim distance.

old best 1/2 mile 27 mins
new best 1/2 mile 24 miles

old best 1 mile 57 mins but not sure if it should be 59 mins
new best 1 mile 49 mins

old best 1.2 miles 1:20 I beleive
new best 1.2 miles 58 mins.

I am getting much faster but I want to go and run afterwards. I was not completely exhausted like I normally am. My swim was almost out of gas but my overall endurance was not. That is what I need to be able to do if I get picked for Kona.

Frankly I am more excited about my knee than anything else. Oh well its 8 pm means its sleep time for master swim class.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Great job on keeping it all up!! Yay for the fixed knee!!!!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Neese said...

sounds great Todd, i really need to incorporate swimming, so beneficial!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Reen said...

Keep up the good work!!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home