Sunday, December 03, 2006

Saturday


"I dropped out of college my junior year to do Saturday Night Live, and I didn't even consult my parents. They were very supportive because they had no choice." - Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Satuday was a good day for me. I swam 2.4 miles. I felt I could go even farther. I did get really tired though once I got out of the pool for awhile and eat something real for lunch. Still the 2.4 miles was alot easier for me than I figured. I thought for sure I would be more than exhausted and not get close to making it. The key for me was really form, form, and more form. I would not be surprised once my HIM comes that I do the 1.2 miles in 30 - 45 mins. I need to work more on the bike again. Enough trainer time I should be able to do 56 miles on the bike easily for the HIM. I am thinking more and more that signing up for Kona was not a mistake. having now complete 2 of out the 3 events in an IM really makes me feel an IM is in reach.
Now for Saturday night. I got 2 awards at the Arlington Trotter end of the year party. I got an acheivement award for my 8 hour race. Anyone who does an Ultra gets one. The trophy I got for the "Slow but Deadly" award. No one really sure what that means since the main person who's job was to come up with the awards was not there. I think it means basicly I am big and slow but does not mean I am not an amasing runner.


2 Comments:

Blogger Neese said...

I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus, congrats on both awards! :o)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Congrats on the awards!! You deserve them!!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home