Tuesday, October 24, 2006

When big guys Marathon



Well I learnt I am not the biggest guy to finsish a marathon but still may be the biggest to finisher at chicago. This guy I found on the course weights well currently about 72 lbs more than me. yes my weight this morning was up to 298.2 again. ONce my muscles are no longer sore and I am back working out that will go down again very fast. Its common that a person will gain several lbs shortly after a marathon. There is alot of water weight. My foot is getting better and hopely in couple weeks it will be fine. Still not going to do the 50/50. I also know that since my foot will keep me off my feet hopely for 2 weeks that my knee which was killing me on sunday is feeling great now and will be fully healed by then. The redness is way down and the pain is alot less with my foot.

looking up the guys picture above he did the honaloo marathon. Interesting thing about that marathon is that 1/3 of there finishers which is about 22,000 of them finish after 6 1/2 hours. It is a warmer marathon being about 70 degrees at mid day. My only greater than 6 1/2 hour marathon has been on an 86 degree day. Plus that marathon only had poweraid at half there stops which also with the heat was very very bad situtation for BOPs like myself. That is what really killed me and not my skills that day. The fact so many people finish after 6 1/2 hours makes me think. ok to be an Iron Man finisher its distance and time thing. You only get 17 hours to do it in. The time is a big part of if your an iron man finisher. How long do you get before being a marathon finish does not mean anything? 6 hours? 6 1/2? 7? 8? 10? 14?
Honolouloo had number over 14 hours. 7000 over 6.5 hours, 2000 over 8 hours, 300 over 10 hours with 10 over 14 hours. Cleveland marathon had 74 who took them 11 weeks. Should there be a line drawn and if so where? I been told that Marathons are suppose to have finish line open for a minuim of 8 hours really but there is nothing set really. Chicago wants people done in 6 - 6/5 hours but leave the line open for seems like 8 hours. so should one try to finish in 6 - 6.5 hours? since they keep the finish line open for 8 hours is that ok to finish at that time?

Can you tell I been talking about the 17 hour time limit for an IM finish?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

You only have to focus on yourself. Making yourself better day by day. That's all there is to it! Nobody else counts!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home