Monday, October 23, 2006

Hell and Back.

Image hosted by Webshots.com
by Julibean262

Start of the Milwaukee Marathon. click to make it really viable.

I would repost the pic or Lora and myself but honestly people who read mine reads mine also.

I came I saw I did Chicago Marathon for the 3rd time. Miwaukee marathon was so much easier on my body in some ways. I was very tired, sore, and instead it being enjoyable after about mile 10 it was a long painful struggle. My knee was killing me. The drugs helped but wore off at mile 20. I also took some on the course and it was better but I need to take more but well I tried to throw up twice on the course. I was not able to do it since nothing to throw up. I thought more ibuprofen would not helped me at all since I did not know if I was able to keep it down. I was able to keep my cliff shot down but that was very hard. I walked lended over for awhile since well I thought I was about to lose it. I did not find any place that had blocs at the expo. Just too much stuff there. I will be posting alot of pics soon I think from the race and maybe expo. So many I think I will get a webshots account like Juli B has to post them on. So Many stories also and some well I have to see when pics come out. About mile 24 I was getting pain in my knee and a shooting pain from my foot too. It was hurting so many and well having to go up the hill on concrete was so hard on my foot. Being farther back as I was make it alot harder. A few water spots were closed when I got there. Lucky my sisters brought me water since well I would not had some for the last couple of miles. Lucky some were still open and I had a water bottle that my sisters gave me at China Town. The end of the race van passed me at like mile 18 and was telling me to get off the street and go to the sidewalk. I still finsihed the race with 8 mins to spare with the road reopenings. I guess though in China town where I got know water the road was open a few minutes after I got through but they went found lunch and got me some Bananas and Jewel. So maybe 10 - 15 minutes after I went through the road reopened. I knew if I had to go to the sidewalk that I would had to dropped out. going up that hill on the side walk was painful enough. It would be really too bad if I would have had to be so close and not make it.

My sister's wore there team Todd shirts but its was too cold to show them off.

Decided to make sure this is my last 6 hour marathon. I am going to get alot faster and so when I have to slow down I am not bringing in the rear so much. Either that or just not run it hurt. I muscle wise I feel alot better than I do after most but my foot sore is not good though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home