Monday, October 30, 2006

So what is going on?

Friday.

Simple told Lora I was back up to 298 lbs and she got a little freaked out. She recommended that I lift weight which I did. needless to say I still can not move my arms. So much pain. Only did Body body and the core. I was reminded of other things I should do.

Saturday.

I ran 4 miles with John and Lora. Haight was there which was really cool. I guess he ran/walked for 4 miles. I though I was going to do that also but I ended up running all but the last .15 mile so it was all good. I thought about going on but I did not do it. Latter that might I set up the old bike trainer and was on it for 1:10 mins. I watched "The Long Run". Great movie but I had to turn on subtitles with the trainer since alot of the dialog was hard to understand in the first place and the noise of the trainer did not help. Already thinking I should have gotten the fluid which I believe is quiter but I could be wrong. Now I would like to run the Conrades marathon. Its a little longer than a regular marathon. to be a Conrades qualifier you need to run a 5:00 marathon and finish conrades in 12:00. Conrades is a 90k and I guess a pretty tough point to point. They call it the most cruelling road race. Honestly I think badwater probably is more though.

Sunday.

Well Today I got to see my sweetheart Lisa. Dick Pond's had a post marathon injury clinic and NB was out there also. Just for the record Lisa > Lora. Told her what been going on with me. She showed me some streches for my tendious and says she will give me a good dr if it does not go away or atleast better in 2 weeks. Sounds like from her that I should be able to do the Chicago 50/50. She also warned me about lifting with my quads since you want them to be flexible and strength is not as important. I totally should have asked her out. She also asked me how Loraine was doing and I am like I do not know any Loraine but I told her that my friend Reen is going be back very soon and that Lora and I are counting the days.

After that I swam for .5 miles which was slower than I have been doing and very painful since my arms are sorer than my legs were after the marathon. I came home and on the way home I found out I missed the bears game and I was sad. My parents then came home from Wisconsin. I got my mat on saturday so I set it up in my room and when on the Bike trainer for about 45 mins. I would gone longer but it was 10 by the time I got off of it and that is ppretty late already. Being noisey I do not want to do it after 10. needless to say I like it and still go in over an hour for my work out. thinking for awhile now I am going to try to swim then bike everyday. swim a mile and then come home and bike about 15. heck if bump that up 10 miles and then run 6 miles I would do an Oly every day. ok I not oging to but I like the idea of almost doing a triathlete everyday. Maybe because I have nothing better to do at night when I get home from work then to cycle and watch tv.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

You're doing great!! Keep it up!! 8 miles on Saturday.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home