Sunday, June 11, 2006

newest member of the half century club


Who is this good looking group?

This was mid way point for the 30 mile biking we were going to do. It turns out Lora wanted to do 50 miles and since she wanted to do it I am alwas more than happy to help out. I felt in good shape. I was tired though and I was so glad we were at 15. I was already quite tired. But what would I not do for Lora? Ok I did tell Lora it would take alot more than a pretty smile to get me to do another 20 miles. I almost had them sag me several times. I wanted to finish the half century. hehe I think Haight liked the fact I would go since then he did not have to go nor did he have to worry about Lora. She was a real sweetheart. She would wait for me as I walked up the really big hills. A hybrid is a little slower than a road bike and I am also not used to bike riding.

Mile 30 was pretty amasing for me. Lora and I were at the corner of a this road. She was yet again waiting for me. The thing about that was I I ave gone farther on foot. So many people I know ahve ran 50 miles and yet I struggled with it on a bike. Then again I was biking alot faster than them and I am not trained on the bike. REally its the lact of training. my muscles are sore and yes its muscles I am not used to. I was tired and sore but I did feel I would run a little. This is good for a triathlon. I really want to do one of those.

I am glad I did not sag myself off the course. I know I really need to train more on the Bike if I want to do these kind of things. Well I do it next weekend? maybe. its good to get involved with people who can help you out but my love will always be for running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home