Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Guess Who's back?

"Guess who's back, back again Shady's back, tell a friend Guess who's back, guess who's back, Guess who's back. Guess who's back" without me - eminem

I have so missed the slim shady. He was well missed and for good reason. ok you want to know what the heck am I talking about? Well its easy. I am talking about running. I have no pain at all today. I am free of the pain monster. I have sore muscles since I have not used them in so long but it feels good to be sore. I plan on going to Lake Arlington tomorrow for the run that no one shows up to anymore. hehe. give it a few weeks when marathon season starts people will be out there alot I am sure.

Beauty of it is its right on the way home and really does not cost me much to do it. Last summer I had to drive to work those days so it cost me alot for all that extra travel. I guess I could have learnt how to take the train there but I was only there for like 4 weeks because I I learnt about it I was about to go back to school.

I wanted to follow the marathon training guide but I added at Ultra at the way way point which will normally be a 15 mile day. I am going to take the Ultra easy and Julie A said it should be ok because its all on trails. I am not worried about the pounding as much as the distance.

lucky for me the next week is only 11 miles. Nothing like a step back week to recover from an ultra. Also the last 20 miler out of the 2 I will do in Milwakee during the milwakee marathon. I need to find one for the 20 miler that is 2 week ahead of it since I want to keep up my ban on not going above 20 miles without a medal.

Lora is evil and mean and nasty. She wants to do a 100 miler on a bile. I wanted to do that for awhile myself. I thought about 40 miles this weekend over the saturday run jsut to give myself more time but then I though if Stephanie come out on saturday it might be a good chance to make my move.

there are a few maratons on the weekend of first 20 and one is the location I want but the course is not certified. I need to run on only certifed courses for 50 states club. Since I did not get into NY I need another marathon. I been thinking about London but that is techically next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

^5 WELCOME BACK!! Now we only need Reen and Haight and our group is BACK!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

I can not beleive how quicly you forget diann but I do agree. Do you know what ever happened to Kim? has she ever came back?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Reen said...

Congrats! I'll be there soon!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home