Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What about Bob?

Today I went to Athelico. There I saw Bob. I talked to bob for awhile and he is really messed up. Knees have problems, feet problems, and like leg muscle problems. He is getting better but its taking awhile. Thanks to Beth for giving me the competmenty thing. I lost mine after the meeting. Of course like beth, she did yell at me some but she was also so helpful to me. All of these at no charge which was really good. She yelled at me for forgetting some of them things she taught us and that I was not strenching as much as she wanted us to sterch. My injury seems to be results of lack of stretching or atleast enough of it. It is strained tendons. She said it is possible it could be the S word ( stress fracture) but she highly doubts it since I can walk 4 miles on it and it has no problems.

I am thinking of walking the Cleveland marathon. yeah walking. :) I do not think that will be hard for me to do. not sure if its a good idea but I feel confident about it. She did not say I should not do it but advised me to wait a week before running on it. She does agree though I should test it out some and if that test passes then maybe try for it. She does think I can run the 10k even though I would be better off resting for one more week still. it is not too bad normally and only really hurts if I press hard. it does not hurt when its moved but does hurt when there is pressure on it. It has been like 3 weeks for recover so far. but without putting weight on it its hard to tell if its getting better.

She had my buy some orthonics because I have high arcs, and gave me streches to do. claves and hams are tight but the quads are in good shape.

I think I will go for a test walk on thursday. Hopely Lora will give me some good advice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

My advice, for whatever it's worth, is to stretch and lightly weight train...absolutely no running. I would give it a few weeks of healing and see how it is then. Also, a podiatrist is the best person to advise you--I'm only a silly little runner!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Reen said...

Are you seeing Lisa? That's who I see! When do you see her again? I go on Tuesday afternoon!

Have fun in Cleveland and be careful!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home