Tuesday, May 23, 2006

infinite nature

"If the forms of this world die, which is more real; the me that dies or the the me that's infinite?" - Albert Markovski

Well my weekend is over. Was it all cracked up to where it should been? did it live up the the hype?

Well It was cool being in cleveland. I know alot of people had issues with the marathon. I think I will try to run it though. Amtrak had a station there and it was close to everything so you do not need a car. Indy had the same kinda thing but the station was on the opposite side of town so if you tried to get there the same day you really needed a car or you would walk 13 miles to the start line which is not good on marathon day unless you want to turn the marathon into a 50 miler. Indy I I could have had my parents picked me up so it would not bad that way.

Well during the race I was alot sadder than I remmebered. I know last year at this time I had the lakeshore marathon. The famous marathon with the extra mile. I know a marathon for me is hard and I am quite sore after one but not being able to do the marathon for me is harder than running one. it is quite depressing even though I was glad I could be there for most of the people when they crossed the line. I tried to wait for Julie B when she finshed. I had to get going because of when the game started. I knew she would make it. One thing I learnt about Julie is that she really alot better than she gives herself credit for. I missed her finsihing by 2 mins. I missed 3 of the alpine runners finishing. watching people finishing a marathon for over 3 hours can be pretty boring. This is the first time I ever saw anyone other than the people right in front of me finishing the race.

It was good to see haight again. We have not seen each other in sucha long time.

My dad thoight it was funny for a bunch of runners we all looked dead.

this weekend I learnt alot of things about myself. I think it was good that way. Plus first time I had any trip with anyone but my parents or school. It was fun and interesting and I think I will do it again but I hope to run the actually marathon next time or I may not go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

I'm proud of you Todd - I know you really wanted to run and being injured is no picnic - take it from me! So good job! We'll both be running again soon!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Oh yes....our Todd is growing up!! I'll be running tomw---meet you at the bagel???

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home