Friday, April 14, 2006

Whoa wait 15k?

That is right. I am looking to run a 15k. Even if I get lucky and do not move to peoria I am thinking about going over there and running the 15k anyways. You think this a crazy idea? Well your probably right. Why am I going it then? hmm I will tell you. I am a medal whore. honest to god 100% medal whore. I do not want to run a race that I can not get a medal for really. March Madness being an exception for some reason.

So you may be wondering why would I even travel 3 hours spend a good $150 to run a 15k. even a 20k is too short. I like them to be about 20.75k min. :) 15k is about 9.3 miles. not even 10 miles. The answer my friend is beer, and not the stuff they hand out at the finish line either. I am talking clydesdale kind.

Aheniser-Busch Cldesdale Divsions
men 190 - 219 lbs, 220 - 249, and 250+
women 150 - 179 lbs and 180 lbs +

Sorry Lora no Clydesdale for you.

Hopely most of the 250+ people will one run the "fastest 4 miler ever" that means the 15k is up for grabs. I am planning on grabbing. If I can drop about 30 lbs by then and train hard and smart I should be able to place in the 250+ group and maybe even win. A divion place would be a great way to say hi I will be in your running club now or hi screw you I do not have to live here. all there hills and warmer weather does give them an adavantage for training. I got Reen and Lora so its about even.

Sad note.

thursday running group either cancel their start date or something. I went to Alrington HEights thursday night and no one was there. I will ahve to find out what is going on. I still ran my 4 miles but it was hard to do on my own. I need to work hard if I am going to win steamboat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home