Saturday, April 08, 2006

DNF

Ultra came and apart of me did not want to go because I thought I was going to DNF. People who DNF are bad people. MY foot was painful for 5.2 miles of the 10.4 miles I did. I thought about "Cheating" to get done faster but something told me that it was not a good idea. Plus I had a camera with me so I could take pics and I wanted to get pics of Beth as well as the other Alpine Runners who showed up. I got them all but Mike. Sorry Mike all this after tuesday telling him he needed sign up.

It was so cold and windy on the lake front. Lisa Mennager was losing after the first lap but I saw her kicking ass after the start of second lap. In some ways its better than the 50/50 and many ways it was worse. There are so many pacing groups there. Cara and Chicago Runs had runners sharing the same paths as well as other runners who came out there.

the race shirt is really cool. It mostly fits me. Its not overly tight but does not look good on he. It is too short so no matter what it turns into a belly shirt. Now I start my weight loss program.

I guess I figured I was going to DNF after 2 laps anyways, but with pain after 5 miles and it would not go away it was not worth it . Maybe I can run in the 5k tomorrow. Its on the Alpine Circuit Race. heheh I would love to win the Alpine Circuit even if I move because well it would be a nice way to end my year with Alpine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home