Sunday, April 30, 2006

saturday

I know this is what you all wanted to know about. how was saturday?

Well it did not have Laura or Reen. It did have bagels though. that was pretty sweet.

Well it went someting like this. It was a cold April morning. The bank said it was about 45 degrees and it was windy.

Well it was basicly how Grace Adler from will grace said "Mile One down, Mile two down, Mile 3 down." I could not believe myself walking through water stops and running each mile. I did stop to stetch out my calf muscle twice in the first 6 miles. I was pretty much out there alone the whole time. First 16 miles I avg with water stops about a 12:20 pace. my half marathon split was about 2:44:00. I could not beleive it. 3rd fast half of my life. shortly after that I saw an old high school buddy of mine dad running. Him and Valde gave me 5 as we ran by. I knew at this time I would lose to Valde. I guess he walked the last 6 mils or so and was scared of losing to me but well I walk/ran the miles 17 - 24 miles and walked last 2. I was starting to feel really sick. I should have taken some of the muffins they had on the side of the road. it would have been worth it. I did not gu or eat anything this marathon. First time for me not doing it. I guess I remembered marine corp and how people mention too much about the back of the pack people having carry meals on them because they have to eat constantly.

Mile 15 was the turn around. there was a really hard service road there and that was differcult to run on. I did not like that section of the course. There was also 3000 ft in change. It was not exactly a point to point so we got to decend 20 ft more than you climb. The finish was also all down hill which was also good.

I thought about asking Pat if I could have my 50k medal I did not get if I finished a 50k that day but honestly I was so exhausted at that point I could not go on. Funny my legs starting hurting too much if I stopping moving so I had to keepo walking. I am like what did I do for the last 2 miles. I would definitely run this course again. I think it was fun even though I lost.

I thought Pat waiting for me so was cool. I really like the onines. They are good people from what I have seen. on the way back there were like 4 water stops and Pat was the only one left. He had is music going and was totally rocking. I am really impressed by that.

I talked to many people that day about my race. I even talked to Julia A for almost 2 hours on the phone. I even admitted a few things to her sometime I did not think I admit enough. I really like her. I fear I am leaving and I will miss her alot.

Funny I was not tired and was full of energy after the marathon. Beth gave me drugs because my calf muscles hurt really bad. I did consider walking with Lora and Haight on sunday, but turns out I am very sore today. I will walk some today though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Great Job for not being perfectly trained or nourished!! You have lots of people that care--keep on moving ahead!!
We wound up not hiking on Sunday (Haight pooped out on me!! I was willing--just for the record!)

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home