Monday, February 13, 2006

Supersize Me

When I want to really focus on weight loss one of the first things I do is watch super size me. It keeps me away from fast food and helps me focus on what I should be eating. Interesting thing is when we go to bagels after our runs on saturday mornings. When we do longer runs about 15 to 20 miles I try to eat atleast a bowl of cereal before we go run just to make sure I have the energy to get through the runs. That is fine and all. I tend to burn about 3400 cals for every 13 miles I run according to some charts and my heart rate monitor. When I trained for my first marathon and even my last marathon I would actually gain weight. This is interesting since one of the biggest jokes about marathon training is how you should be eating everything and still lose weight. There can be some truth to it and I have seen it on others but not myself. I found that the sandwhich I eat every saturday morning is 782 cals and 34 g of fat. This really shocked me. According to the weight watchers method for losing weight that comes to 22.5 points. In order for me to lose weight which excersie they figure I need to eat 31 points a day. Now my running does make me more flexible when it comes to losing weight. It does allow me to eat more and still lose more weight. But still even of I can have 40 points in a day when 23 of them are used up in 1 meal that still means I can not eat much the rest of the day. Come saturday I am not going to be eating my sandwhich anymore. Maybe once in awhile. Its not bad to be bad once in awhile because it does help to trick the body and keep it guessing.

On a happier note that my desicion to work more on weight lose has net me my lowest weight since my 50k, and about 9 lbs total lose. Plus my shins are getting alot better. I might not move up in pace group this year for the chicago marathon but I do know I will finish it 1 hour faster than I did last year. I will not die like I have in the past. my goal this year is really to run the chicago marathon at a 12:15 avg pace. I give myself extra 15 secs per mile for water stops. that is about a 5:30 finshing time. If I train hard enough and I lose enough weight I can do it. If I can do this then maybe next year I will compete in the Cara circuit as a clysdale. I techinqly did this year and I got last but only because I was robbed about 15 points that I earned. I should have been about 12 out of 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home