Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sick or just not healthy?

Not sure if I am sick or its been some of the foods I been eating. My dad is now a diabetic which of course got me worried also. We tested my blood at home and found it to be 97. I been told by him the range should be 70 - 120. If that is true then I am about exactly the middle and so that is good.

I been working on eating better lately and that I think has caused me problems from this weekend. I thought alot of it was from my student loan total but seems to just hit me at that time also. I have hardly slept in 2 days and my stomach hurts. I been having some diarrhea also. I did research on my condition and everything that is wrong with me points to potential too much Sugar Alcohol.

from now on I am going to follow the advice of 2 people. 1) my dad and only use 100% maple syrup. none of that crap with the high frustose corn syrup. 2) Tom and if I do eat pancakes again to make them from scratch using only 100% whole wheat. I need to take a greater interest in my diet than I do. Natural Health magazine this month talked about how its important to really make your own food.

I have missed working out on saturday and so far sunday because of this. I hope to do sme stuff at home but I did miss my saturday run and going to the gym on sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Oh Todd...sorry you're not feeling well. We all missed you on Saturday...the run and at the Bagel. Reen has continued to come out and spend breakfast with us....it's been great to spend time with her again.
I hope you'll be by Saturday...if not for the run, then at least for a bite and a laugh.
And, fyi, from a nurses perspective you are not a diabetic so relax about that.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home